Most of us deal with a lot of PDF files on a regular basis, but we are often unable to edit them easily compared to Word files. However, different tools and tactics are becoming popular today that can help us edit PDF files. So, this article will discuss how to easily edit a PDF file on mobile, either iPhone or Android, completely FREE using the Microsoft Office app. So, let's jump right to it!
Download Microsoft Office App
The first step is to download the Microsoft Office app. Microsoft Office app provides many feature-rich PDF capabilities that empower you to do a lot with PDF files. You can download the app from Play Store or App Store depending on whether you are using Android or iPhone.
Convert PDF to Word
Once the Office app is installed, next you have to convert the PDF file to Word to do the editing. Follow the below steps to do it:
- Launch the Office app on your mobile and click "Actions" from the bottom right corner.
- Click "PDF to Word" and then click "Browser" to search and select the PDF file you want to convert.
This way, the app will convert the selected PDF file to a Word file while maintaining all the formatting of the file.
Once the PDF file is converted, it's time to do all the edits on the documents. For a better mobile view of the document, click the "Mobile" icon from the top. Afterward, simply do all the text and graphics editing you want to do with the file.
Once all the editing is completed, you now have to convert the file back to PDF. To do that, click the 3-dot icon from the top right corner and then click "Export". Afterward, click "PDF (*.pdf)", select the location on the phone where you want to save the PDF, and then click "Export".
Bonus Tip: Sign a PDF
Let's say you received a PDF that requires your signature. Just like editing PDF, you can also easily sign PDF using the Office app. However, this time you don't have to convert the PDF to Word to sign the document. The Office app provides a built-in feature to add a signature. Follow the below steps to sign a PDF using Microsoft Office app:
- Open the Office app on your mobile and click "Actions" from the bottom right corner.
- Click "Sign a PDF" and then click "Browser" to search and select the PDF file you want to sign.
- Once the PDF is opened, tap on the section of the document where you want to add the sign.
- Enter your signature and it will automatically place it in the targeted location on the document.
- You can tap on the signature to resize and rotate it.
- Once done, click the "Tick" icon located at the top left corner to save the PDF. You can also click the "Export" icon from the bottom right corner to directly send the PDF to anyone.
This way, you can easily add a signature to any PDF file you want.
PDF files are used everywhere, so having an app like Microsoft Office on your phone empowers you to edit such files anytime, anywhere. So, install Microsoft Office right away and do PDF edits easily and freely.
If you are looking for more business IT solutions, then we at Sun IT Solutions are here for you. We are a well-reputed and trusted IT solution company located in Toronto, offering many top-notch solutions in IT, which includes managed IT services, IT consulting, network support, remote IT support, business continuity planning, managed firewall, and a lot more.